- This event has passed.
TEDx Hartland Hill
September 24 @ 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Join the Conversation! TEDx talks are filming in Woodstock Saturday, Sept. 24th. Tickets are selling quickly! Buy Tickets here (Button). www.TEDxHartlandHill.org (link). Tickets include all-day access to Billings Farm & Museum and a closing performance by Kerubo at Artistree.
OHF will be there hosting in the Barn seating and is assisting with a community photo at the end of the day (6 pm). Join us!
- They include familiar Upper Valley neighbors such as:
- Helen Hong, Executive Director at COVER in White River Junction
- Thato Ratsebe, Associate Director and Programs Manager at the Association of Africans Living in Vermont;
- and bring guests from afar such as:
- Alpaslan Özerdem, Dean & Professor of Peace and Conflict Studies at the Carter School at George Mason University
- Former neo-nazi recruiter Tony McAleer speaking on how we cope with hatred as a community.
Artists such as:
- Robert Sturman, international photographer
- Robert DuGrenier, a glass artist known for the redesigned flame on the Statue of Liberty, will discuss the impact of their work on society.
- Recent VT transplant Ben Mezrich – international best-selling author and most known for writing “Founding of Facebook, a Tale of Sex, Money, Genius and Betrayal”, which was then adapted into an Oscar-award winning screenplay as “The Social Network” by Aaron Sorkin, is uniquely positioned to speak on how social media affects our sense of community, for better and worse.
- Tina Packer, actor and Founding Director of Shakespeare & Company
and much more…!
- September 24
9:30 am - 6:00 pm
- Billings Farm and Museum
69 Old River Road
Woodstock, VT 05091 United States + Google Map