A note from OHF Board President Mary Young-Breuleux
It is a pleasure to serve the board as president, and I look forward to working closely with the Trustees, Executive Director and Grants Coordinator as we support and advocate for the mission of OHF.
- Welcoming of our three new trustees; Dan Bollag, Carol Stall and Rebecca Nash.
- Orientation of the Board of Trustees occurred on May 15th, with a welcoming activity by Meg Seely, and a presentation by Mary Hawkins, Governance Committee Chair, reviewing Governance roles and responsibilities and a review of the revised 2021 Bylaws. Consensus was reached to accept the bylaws, and plans are in place to present them to the Membership at a special meeting on June 23rd, 2021.
- Distribution of the Board Binder, 2021, which contains many important documents, policies and references for board functioning and best board practices.
- Finalization of all Committees, with full membership and plans to meet on a scheduled calendar.
- Completion and signing of important polices (Confidentiality and Conflict of Interest).
Board President Goals
As president, here are the things I wish to achieve:
- Develop excellent communication and collaboration with board members and committees.
- Plan and implement Board development education.
- Complete the Strategic Plan, with the committee, prior to July 1, 2021.
- Complete a “year-at-a-glance” calendar, with board, membership, committees and special meetings planned from March 2021-March 2022.
- Continue to support the Executive Director in developing community partnerships, planning educational and outreach activities, and seeking employee education and enrichment opportunities.
- Create opportunities for the Board officers to fully engage in development and understanding of OHF functioning, planning and goals, assuring successful officer transition year to year.
Seek ideas and opportunities that support and advocate for OHF.
Please contact me, Tayo Kirchhof, or any trustee for more information or to ask questions and share ideas as we grow together in supporting the Mission of the Ottauquechee Health Foundation.